Google My Business (GMB), formerly Google Places, is a very important factor in local search and includes a company name, address, and phone number as well as a business’s reviews. Many people will not even click through to the website they will just pick up the phone and call a business directly from the listing.
Also known as the 3 pack, since Google normally shows the top 3 businesses in its results, it has become more and more important in local searches as it was recently moved from the bottom of the page to the top just below the paid ads.
Most marketing companies skip over the GMB listings and choose to just concentrate on the organic section of the search results where we see these listings as one of the most important sections of the search page and make optimizing these listings a priority as part of our SEO strategy.
It is our goal to have a business rank at the top of the 3 pack for keyword phrases in a client’s city as well as in the neighboring cities. Increasing the traffic to the GMB listings ultimately leads to more calls and more business.
- How Do I Get My Small Business to Rank Higher on Google Maps?
- Successful Local SEO Strategy for Service Area Businesses
- Local Community Outreach: A Sustainable Business Growth Strategy
- Key Local SEO Metrics for Small Business Owners
- Local SEO Strategy for a Business You Recently Purchased
- NAP, Reviews & GMB – The Three Pillars of Local SEO
- Local SEO Knowledge You Need as a Small Business Owner
- The Future of Voice Search & How to Integrate it in Your Local SEO Strategy
- Importance of Local SEO Audit for Small Businesses & How to Do It?
- Advanced Local SEO Strategy for Small Businesses
- What Is Local Search or Local SEO?
- Why is Google My Business So Important for Small Businesses?
- SEO or PPC: Which is Better for a Small Business?
- Is SEO Worth It to Small Businesses?
Things To Know About Local Listings
- It is a free business listing
- Collect and respond to customer reviews
- Ninety-seven percent of consumers read online reviews for local businesses
- Adding images of a business, video and detailed information can boost engagement
- Increase SEO performance and organic search
- Post news or offers to prospective customers
- One in two people who conduct a local search visit a business that day
- Add a 360-degree photo tour of a business
- Add SMS messaging to your listing allowing searchers to message a business
- Post and promote events