For businesses in the United States, digital marketing is exploding. With more companies than ever before ditching brick and mortar shops for online sales platforms, SEO is becoming crucial to the success of the small business.
At Outreach Digital Marketing, we work closely with entrepreneurs and small business owners, helping you create a digital presence, increase traffic to your website, and become visible on search engines.
Defining SEO and How Can It Work for Your Small Business
Modern consumers are intelligent. They don’t just shop at the nearest business to their home anymore. These consumers are:
- Price matching
- Reading reviews
- Following their favorite small business owners on social media
- Asking questions on forums
SEO, or search engine optimization, is a digital marketing tool used to increase your visibility in search engines. This means that when a consumer types, “Florist in Westlake, CA”, they are more likely to find your flower shop over the nearby plant nursery down the road.
Why? It’s simple. Your digital marketing team follows the current algorithms set out by Google and other search engines, which rank websites locally and globally. Your marketing expert will help you modify your website, social media pages, blog, and other aspects of your business’ virtual presence to align with Google’s algorithm and rank you more highly in results.
Research suggests that search engine users are unlikely to read past the first three results, and rarely extend their search to the second page of results at all. This makes ranking high a priority for small businesses looking to get ahead.
Factors Impacting Your SEO
There are many ways to improve SEO, including:
- Local Search –Adding your name to local business listings improves your chances of appearing in local small business searches.
- Keywords – Keywords help consumers find you by matching search phrases to your content. Adding keywords to blog entries, landing pages, and URLs improves your SEO.
- Mobile-Friendly Browsing – Digital mobility is a convenience Americans have become accustomed to. If your website isn’t easily accessed by phones and tablets, you could lose a number of consumers, and Google factors this into their mobile rankings.
- Long-Form Content – The content you write should have intent, authority, and relevance. Short snippets of information aren’t enough to prove yourself an expert in your field. Google is looking for small businesses who post long-form content regularly, proving their reliability as stability on the market.
- Consumer Engagement – From website comments to social media shares, the engagement you have with your customers drastically impacts your visibility online.
- Title Tags and Descriptions – Title tags and meta descriptions help search engine users know who you are and what your link is before they click it. This also helps crawler bots navigate your website for ranking.
- Backlinks – Links from other businesses, local and global, prove to Google and other search engines that you are relevant and popular. This improves your ranking online.
Contact Outreach Digital Marketing for Your Small Business SEO Strategy Today
If you have a small business that could use assistance in the digital marketing categories, Outreach Digital Marketing can help. Our team of SEO experts is constantly watching the marketing horizon for new strategies and algorithm changes.
Interested in learning more about how SEO can impact your small business? Schedule a free discovery call today.