One of the greatest SEO strategies for a small business is investing in local digital marketing strategies.
Local SEO is a more concise form of search engine result ranking. Rather than comparing your brand across a global database of billions of websites, you compete against other local companies within your industry.
At Outreach Digital Marketing, our team of experienced digital marketing authorities works with clients around the country to develop the best local SEO plans.
How Does Local SEO Work?
Local digital marketing is based on your search result ranking within your community. This pins your small business against other small businesses in the area, helping shoppers find the top service or product provider in the region.
Local SEO focuses on where you live, what you sell, and how relevant you are to your industry. It factors in details like:
- Keywords containing your location, business type, and purpose.
- Availability in online business registries.
- Content dedicated to shoppers from your community.
- Interaction/Engagement with local shoppers.
- Local reviews and ratings.
All of these things impact your visibility to friends and neighbors looking for businesses like yours.
Digital Marketing Tactics to Amp Up Your Local SEO Game
It is far easier to rank highly with a local search engine search than a global search due to the vast difference in result numbers. Even so, it is important to optimize your local search features to improve your ranking and entice customer interaction.
Some of the most common digital marketing tactics for local SEO include:
- Embracing Google My Business – Google My Business is a necessary tool for small business owners looking to expand in locals search. Listing your business with GMB ensures that your business, hours of operation, contact information, and more appears when a community member searches for your business type.
- Engaging in Social Media – Social media has become a force to be reckoned with in the digital marketing industry. For local search especially, social media helps search engines determine your relevance in the community, and whether you are active enough to list highly.
- Building Links – As with all SEO, link building is a relevant digital marketing exercise. The more backlinks to your website, the more authoritative you appear. More links also mean more traffic, which Google takes to mean your site is worth visiting.
- Developing Strong Consumer Reviews – For local SEO, reviews are essential. Modern shoppers are looking for top-notch products, great craftsmanship, and the best customer service. The more positive reviews your brand can collect, the more reputable and active you appear to search engines.
These are only some of the ways you can begin building your local reputation online. Outreach Digital Marketing can better curate a game plan for you based on your individual needs and business style.
Contact Outreach Digital Marketing for Your Small Business SEO Today
If you own a small business and are interested in expanding your local SEO, Outreach Digital Marketing has the tools and experience to help you grow.
Let’s talk about your unique needs and see how we can help!